This morning while browsing Facebook... (LOL) I came across an article that was shared by one of my male friends. I do enjoy an interesting read from time to time and I can surely say this one pulled on some of my heart strings. While all of me could be in denial about some of the truths in this article a lot of me related very much to what the author was saying... Basically Tracy McMillian wrote "Why you're not married" which talks about her 6 top reasons why a woman is not married.
I will not say which ones apply to me but there were a couple. Here is a synopsis of what she wrote:
1. You're a Bitch - Basically you are angry at the world and you are not afraid to let everyone including the man you are trying to be with, know it.
2. You're Shallow - You are looking for someone who meets a list of things instead of a man with character. Character is what matters the most because "men of character are, by definition, willing to commit."
3. You're a Slut - Hooking up with men is fine for someone not looking for marriage but if you are trying to be married then you need to save yourself for that person because once those legs open you are subject to release a hormone (oxytocin) which bonds us with that lay...
4. You're a Liar - In my opinion, this is mostly to yourself... You meet a man that clearly is not available for a relationship and you swear you don't want one with him until you open your legs and then you bond and then you want something different.
5. You're Selfish - Because you are single you do think about yourself A LOT... A married woman doesn't spend most of her day thinking about herself because she has to much other stuff to think about.
6. You're Not Good Enough - You are not looking for someone that is your equal but someone that is better than you so therefore you feel that you are not good enough... I like how she says "You are enough right this minute. PERIOD."
While some of the terms are severely harsh sometimes I need this personal attack to wake myself up to the reality of the reasons why I am not married and my contribution to those reasons.
Peace and Blessing...