Pages

Search

Wednesday, June 13, 2012

Weekend Birthday Get-A-Way...

This past weekend I decided to take my self on a mini get-a-way for my birthday...  I recently started a job with a new company so I can't take any vacation time yet...  I am limited to weekends so I decided to take myself to the Grandover Resort in Greensboro, NC.  It is not a far drive in my opinion and an ex-boyfriend introduce the place to me a while ago...

It is good to get a little secluded from outside distractions at times as I was starting to feel a little overwhelmed with being a mother and helping my family out.  During this weekend I scheduled myself a 50 min massage and a 50 min pedicure... What an amazing experience...

I also got in my car and wandered around Greensboro until I found the downtown area and ended up at the International Civil Rights Center & Museum.  I had no intentions of taking the tour but found myself compelled to do so.  That was probably the best decision I had made the whole weekend.  Although the museum wasn't robust with artifacts and such it was definitely surreal...  I would recommend that museum to anyone who ask and if I could remember the name of the tour guide I would surely make sure you got her because she was so full of energy and knowledge...  And she made sure you knew she is and AGGIE alumnae.  I don't know how many times she chanted "AGGIE PRIDE" during that tour... LOL

Most of the people who know me well know I am a loner.  I needed this weekend so much...  It gave me some time to reflect on a few things and get motivated again about this blog and some other projects I have been working on. 




Until next time, peace and blessings...

1 comment: