Pages

Search

Friday, May 18, 2012

In a little funk...

Every now and again I do get in a little funk about my current relationship status.  Today just happens to be one of those times.  I could sit around having a pity party about it but instead I decided to just write some of my thoughts in this blog post.

Well my first thought is why has it been so difficult at 35 for me to come across a match...  They don't have to be perfect but they have to be in the same head space as me.  I hope to someday be with a man I can call my friend first and secondly we be in the same head space at the same time.  What I mean is we are in search of something more out of our friendship which leads to a more productive relationship and so on and so forth. 

My second thought is are my standards to high.  Am I being unrealistic with my relationship expectations?  Am I at a age where I have to bend a little...  I don't personally feel that I have high standards but I may have to re-evaluate SOME things...

My last thought that I will share with you today...  Am I too comfortable with being single?  Have I been in this state of mind so long that I am not putting off an ora of the need to be in a relationship?  I was talking to a man recently and he seemed to believe that I may find it difficult to let go of the control that I have had to have in managing my own life by myself for so long.  It is an interesting thought but I don't think it will be difficult for me to do.

Thanks for reading and comment if you desire

Peace and Blessings....

1 comment:

  1. in today's society, most men (if they are not already taken) are looking to "just have a good time" and move on to the next one...., they are basically "commitment phobic" and tend to think & act as if they can have their cake and eat it too! ...in other words, the good ones are already taken and there are only slim pickings left out there! a lot of women just submit to their situations, and end up compromising their principals and beliefs in order to be in a relationship with a man. jmo

    ReplyDelete