Pages

Search

Tuesday, May 15, 2012

How important is the physical relationship to you?

   There is a man that I have known for a little while now who is in his 30s.  We are friends and often have good conversations about general stuff.  Nothing in particular to name.  My friend had kidney failure a few years back and recently celebrated one year of having a kidney transplant. 

   He shared with me how all the medication he has to take currently makes him unable to perform in bed and how he sort of regrets the actions from his past that affected him to not be able to have a physical relationship with a woman at this age of his life.  I shared with him that for me the physical aspect of a relationship was important to me and I probably wouldn't want to date him because I know that would impact a relationship with him.  I find that along with all the other things that go on in relationships the physical part for me is significant.

  Now if this was someone that I was already involved with and had loved prior to all that has happened to him I probably would be okay.  However for me going into a relationship with someone who possibly would never be able to satisfy that need would be a road to disaster. 

  So I ask you...  How important is the physical relationship to you?

1 comment:

  1. on a scale from 1 to 10, i give it a 10! i know sex isn't everything, but for me, it is the most important aspect of a relationship! if i'm not physically attracted to my partner, then i don't think it would work out! it doesn't have to be everyday, but at least twice a week for me, and i'm happy. :)

    ReplyDelete