Pages

Search

Sunday, March 11, 2012

Do opposites really attract?

I recently had a conversation with a man who is interested in dating.  He is actually a person who works at the same place and attend the same church as me.  Funny thing is our paths haven't really crossed until now. 

During the conversation it was revealed that he is more of a home body and finds comfort with being at home instead of being out.  He also realized that I am much more outgoing than he is.  He surely was more of an introvert because I found myself just chatting right along during the conversation because the extrovert in me is nothing that I hide...  I think it is important for any two people trying to date or be in a relationship to show their true personality from the beginning. 

So he made the comment that opposites attract.  I can't say that I am a firm believer of that statement in regards to personalities.  Well, maybe they do but there has to be balance.  While I am assertive and outgoing if I am going to be in a relationship with someone of the opposite I need them to be able to balance me out and I do the same for them.  My personal thoughts are opposites don't work when one personality out-shines the other.  Someone in that kind of situation is going to be drained because they have to work even harder to make every one happy.  That can take a toll on a person and ultimately burn them out. 

Another thing that I have to think about when interacting with a introvert is I want to be able to take a back seat sometimes and I would need that person to be able to step up.  Being a working single mother of two very active children has me always being in that leader role.  I desire someone who can take the lead to take the slack off of me... 

Peace and Blessings

 

No comments:

Post a Comment