Pages

Search

Monday, November 12, 2012

Great Weekend...

So I just had to share that I had a great weekend.  I went on a bus trip to Charlotte, NC to attend the Panthers vs. Bronco football game.  The good thing about being in a city like Charlotte is there are so many things you can do and see without traveling to far out. 

This is the 4th year I have participated on this bus trip and this year I was able to eat at Flemings Steakhouse.  Although I did not have the steak everyone else around me seemed to be very pleased with the steak they purchased for dinner.  About 20 of use sat around the table and we were able to share sides and partake in some good food.  I had the scallops, vegetables, Fleming potatoes, and macaroni and cheese...  I was pleasantly pleased with the food and can't wait to be able to go back there again.

Saturday night we attended the Bobcats vs Mavericks basketball game.  Couldn't beat paying $16 to see them play and for a change the Bobcats won in overtime... The next thing on the agenda was to go to a night club but I didn't make it.  After that meal and the game this sister was TIRED.  I called myself taking a little nap and it was a done deal.  Once I laid in my bed I was done until the next morning...

On Sunday after everyone got breakfast for themselves we boarded the bus and headed to the stadium for the game.  I love football because fans are so loyal and have a ball tailgating and just being fans at the game.  It turned out to be a great sunny day and the weather was in the low 70s.  The only downside to going with a group is the seats were almost touching the sun.  Climbing the stairs to get to your seats is a workout so the best thing to do is get EVERYTHING you need prior to getting to your seat because no one wants to climb those stairs multiple times...  LOL

I am telling you about this experience because being single doesn't mean you can't still do the things you enjoy.  I go on this trip by myself and I have developed some good acquaintances which is alway a plus.  I hope your weekend went well. 

BTW: Didn't take many pictures so sorry about that... Next trip I will...

Peace and Blessings
Shivawn

No comments:

Post a Comment