Pages

Search

Friday, November 30, 2012

Getting out of my on way...

"When we talk too much... we listen too little...be a good listener..."

So last night I was having a conversation with a male friend and he, in a round about way, poured his heart out to me about his feelings.  At that moment I realized that I haven't been a good listener when it comes to him because this is not the first time he has expressed himself in this manner.  Yet I let past situations (luggage) surface and go in defense mode.  It is truly necessary to let go of the past because it has caused me to put a padlock on my heart and not trust anyone with it.

So in the mist of the back and forth conversation we were having I SHUT UP... I LISTENED...  I was able to really take in what he was saying and I am considering getting out of my own way and giving him the opportunity to make good on what he has told me...

Peace and blessings
Shivawn

No comments:

Post a Comment