Pages

Search

Thursday, July 5, 2012

How I deal with love...

I attempt to be transparent most of the time in this blog as I want to be able to relate to the people who choose to read it.  So for the last few months I have been hanging out with this man.  We have no title, we are just friends.  Unfortunately, the timing has been off as far as where I am in my relationship goals and where he is...  I decided to hang out with him because at the time of our introductions I wasn't attached and I was craving the company of someone.  He fell right into place.  The friendship has been amazing. 

Without all the complications of having a title (boyfriend/girlfriend) I have allowed this friendship to develop naturally and I find myself loving this man.  Technically I do love him based on the definition:

love (noun)


1. a profoundly tender, passionate affection for another person.


2. a feeling of warm personal attachment or deep affection, as for a parent, child, or friend.


3. sexual passion or desire.

Now how do I deal with this since we have clearly defined our friendship as just a friendship?  It is difficult.  Love is a strong and powerful emotion.  It can make me vulnerable and open to get emotional hurt, especially when the feeling isn't mutual.  I am just going to continue to go with the flow and keep telling myself that we are just friends.
 
Oh well just some early morning ramblings...
 
Peace and Blessings

1 comment:

  1. From a christian male perspective, if this guy is a fellow christian and yall have agreed to be in a sexually monogamous relationship, I mean "friendship", then I say keep loving this man. Don't worry about titles. They do tend to scare us away but a woman who makes a man feel like he is the only one after God and her children of course is worth keeping around. Just make sure you are the only one he's having sex with though because if he got other "friends" on the side and he is not a christian with the qualities to match, you could very well be setting yourself up for dissappointment as well as a std. Real talk. Like someone said, we as natural, not born-again men, tend to want our cake and eat it too. So don't settle. But I know you are too smart to let your emotions cloud your judgement of the relationship, I mean "friendship". Stay connected to the ultimate love, Jesus Christ and take your time and He will guide you. Continue to sow love and you will reap love. Praying for you girl.

    ReplyDelete